Mrs Cockings' email email@example.com
Oxford Reading Owls - access to extra reading texts - look for My Class Login:
Stay Active at Home
Please find a link above for daily/weekly physical activities to complete at home in addition to your remote learning from your class teacher.
All additional information, resources and guidance can be found on the PE page of the website.
Please share any photos/videos with me as you do them by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy and stay safe!
Follow the links below for your Screen Free Vision Days.
Each day you need to complete a Vision activity and a Welly activity. Email me your work and photographs for our RE book.
I have also added an extra sport slide too! Enjoy your creative time!
CLASS 4 LETTERS:
Our new class leaders... Eco, E safety, Worship, Sport, Council and Team captains! Well done everyone and good luck with your new role...
Notes from previous weeks:
Remember about the times tables...you need rapid recall of all the tables up to 12 x 12 before you get into Year 6.
Important reminder on Times Tables
For those that aren’t aware of expectations, here are the national curriculum aims for each year group surrounding times tables.
- Year 1: count in multiples of 2, 5 and 10.
- Year 2: be able to remember and use multiplication and division facts for the 2, 5 and 10 multiplication tables, including recognising odd and even numbers.
- Year 3: be able to remember and use multiplication and division facts for the 3, 4 and 8 multiplication tables, including recognising odd and even numbers.
- Year 4: be able to remember and use multiplication and division facts for the multiplication tables up to 12 x 12.
- Year 5&6: revision of all multiplication and division facts for the multiplication tables up to 12 x 12.
How to access the resources on Oak National Academy
1) After the video, click 'Next Activity'.
2) This brings you to a screen that looks a bit like a Powerpoint presentation.
3) At the bottom there is a > pointing to the right. This moves you onto the next page. Go backwards and forwards using the < > arrows at the bottom of the screen.
Here are a list of the websites that you will still need:
Oxford Reading Scheme https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/
For reading at home using the reading scheme we use in school. Log-in details with your home-learning pack.
Purple Mash www.purplemash.com/login/
For general lessons and reference. Your log-in details are in your home-learning pack.
BBC Bitesize www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/dailylessons
Refer to this for either extra daily lessons OR for revision if you are stuck!
Past SATs papers www.satspapers.org.uk/Page.aspx?TId=5
You will need access to a printer.
Espresso - Espresso is an online cross-curricular service that provides video-rich resources to schools throughout the UK. It contains thousands of videos and multimedia activities, as well as a weekly news service.
To access Discovery Education Espresso from home:
- go to www.discoveryeducation.co.uk
- click the ‘Login’ button in the top right corner
- select ‘Espresso’
- enter your child’s username and password
Login details through school text message.
Excellent set of games against the clock.
Try these two sites for playing times tables games online:
These two are fabulous for challenging games and interactive activities: they are not easy!
Home learning resources
Maths - follow this link to find a range of maths activities to do whilst learning from home.
National Curriculum - follow this link to find a range of wider curriculum tasks to do whilst learning at home.
RE - follow this link to find a range of RE activities to do whilst learning from home.
Reading/Comprehension - Audio books available for those who like to listen to stories. 30 day free trial. Follow this link.
Twinkl - follow this link to find curriculum wide resources for home learning.
Cambridge University Press - follow this link for activities to support your learning at home.
Kindness Calendar - follow this link to find a calendar for acts of kindness that the children can do whilst in isolation.
TTS - free resource packs online at TTS
Maths Assistance for Home Schooling for Parents - K7 Maths
Maths Games - Maths Chase
Active Maths - follow this link for Active Maths Challenges
Maths Consultants - follow this link for Home Learning Activities.